January classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. For more resources, please visit www.lclibs.org/adults/fitt.
Ways to Pay Your Bills *NEW* (taught by Rita L., Fulton Bank, Lebanon East Manager)
In this class developed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, you’ll learn how you can use technology to manage your budget. No goods or services will be sold during this class; all are welcome and encouraged to attend. Bilingual instruction will also be available for Spanish language speakers. Register to attend today!
- Tuesday, January 9 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Canva *NEW* (with instructor Michelle G.)
Canva is a graphic design website that allows users to create flyers, invitations, infographics and more for personal use and business promotions. We’ll setup an account and learn the differences between the free and paid versions of Canva.
- Thursday, January 25 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
Downloading E-books & E-Audiobooks Using the Libby App *NEW* (with instructor Doug L.)
You can borrow a total of 10 e-books and e-audiobooks at one time for FREE! Bring along your e-reader or smartphone device, library card, and 4-digit PIN. We’ll download Overdrive’s Libby App to your device and setup your account so you can borrow items immediately using the library’s wireless network. Limited seats are available; call the library to register.
- Wednesday, January 31 at 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Getting Started with Hootsuite (with instructor Michelle G.)
Participants should bring their own device to use during class. Participants will also need to bring password information for their Facebook and Twitter accounts in order to setup Hootsuite. Hootsuite enables its users to create one post that is published across multiple social media platforms. Learn the difference between the free and paid subscription plans.
- Tuesday, January 23 at 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
Intro to Excel Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Doug L.)
This two-part Excel class will teach you basics, including worksheets, cells, columns, formatting, and more. Participants will learn these skills while creating a practical budget. All participants receive a flash drive to save and keep their files.
- Mondays, January 15 & 22 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Do you need assistance using your smartphone, completing a job application online, or creating a document on the computer? Call the host library to register for a half-hour, one-on-one session during these times:
- Lebanon Community Library- Mondays (Jan. 8, 15, 22, & 29) between 10AM-2PM (with Keith W.)
- Palmyra Public Library- Wednesday, January 10 between 3PM-7PM (with Michelle G.)
- Matthews Public Library- Thursday, January 11 between 3PM-7PM (with Michelle G.)
Windows 10 (with instructor Robert Y.)
Bring your laptop and learn what is new in Windows 10 versus earlier Operating Systems Windows 7 and 8. Learn how to use the new Internet browser Microsoft Edge and other Windows 10 programs. Call the host library to register.
- Wednesday, January 17 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Monday, January 29 at 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.