These classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. Visit www.lclibs.org/fitt for more info.
*NEW* Facebook for Seniors: Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Michelle G.)
In Part 1, participants will learn the basics of Facebook. In Part 2, participants will create their Facebook accounts, using their own smartphone or other device. Security features will also be discussed that users can setup to safeguard their accounts. Call the library to register.
- Wednesdays, July 18 & 25 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Internet & Email (with instructor Peggy S.)
Learn to navigate the internet, conduct searches, online safety and identity protection tips, and set up a free email account using one of the library’s laptops. Pre-requisite: mouse and keyboard skills. Call the library to register.
- Monday, July 23 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Is This Thing On? (with instructor Peggy S.)
Beginner’s class covers the basics of using a mouse, keyboard, Windows, files, and computer components, using one of the library’s laptops. Call the library to register.
- Monday, July 16 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Bring your device and receive one-on-one assistance with completing an online job application, using your smartphone, setting up an email account, and more! Call the host library to register for your half-hour session.
- Mondays in July at 10AM-2PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624. (with Keith W.)
- Tuesday, July 24 at 3PM-7PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347. (with Michelle G.)
*NEW* Upcycling Tips & Tricks (with instructor Jandi G.)
We’re not recycling, but we’re upcycling! We’ll talk about local resources available to help you repurpose flea market finds into useful home decor. Participants will complete a family-friendly upcycling activity, and we’ll learn about the instructor’s favorite blogs and websites featuring upcycling tips. Class is limited to 10 participants; call to register.
- Tuesday, July 24 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
*New topics coming in August: Look in the Fishwrapper’s Tues., Aug. 7 edition for our ad*