These classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. Visit www.lclibs.org/fitt for more info.
*NEW* Spotted Lanternfly: Stopping the Invasion (with the Penn State Master Gardeners)
The spotted lanternfly is an invasive pest that threatens the grape, tree fruit, and lumber industries, as well as home landscapes. Learn how to protect your property. Call the library to register.
- Sat., 9/8 at 10AM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
*NEW* Beekeeping 101 (with the Capital Area Beekeepers Association)
We’ll discuss things to consider before becoming a beekeeper and equipment that’s needed to do the job. Call the library to register.
- Thurs., 9/13 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
*NEW* Homeschool & Cyber School- What Should I Know? (with instructor Stacy F.)
In Part 1, we’ll discuss why people may choose to home educate and debunk myths. In Part 2, we’ll talk about laws and minimum requirements for both homeschooling and cyber school, along with benefits and drawbacks to both approaches. Current homeschooling families are welcome to attend! Call the library to register.
- Part 3: Wed., 9/5 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624 *interact w/ cyber school staff here *
- Part 1: Mon., 9/24 at 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Homesteading: Part 1 (with instructor Lisa B.)
In Part 1, attendees will learn factors to consider when growing & preserving your own food and raising animals. In Part 2, you’ll learn about helpful resources. Lisa will also share her successes and humorous moments of homesteading on a 5 acre farmette. Call the library to register.
- Sat., 9/15 at 10AM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Intro to Excel: Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Jeremy P.)
Learn the basics including worksheets, cells, columns, formatting, and more. All participants receive a flash drive to save and keep their files. Call the library to register.
- Part 1: Mon., 9/10 at 6PM and Part 2: Wed., 9/12 at 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Bring your device and receive one-on-one assistance with completing an online job application, using your smartphone, setting up an email account, and more! Call the host library to register for your half-hour session.
- Every Mon. in Sept. at 10AM-2PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624. (with Keith W.)
- Sat., 9/8 at 10AM-2PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939. (with Michelle G.)
- Tues., 9/11 at 3PM-7PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347. (with Michelle G.)
Upcycling Tips & Tricks (with instructor Jandi G.)
We’ll talk about local resources available to help you repurpose flea market finds into useful home decor. Participants will complete an activity, and we’ll learn about the instructor’s favorite upcycling tips. Class is limited to 10 participants. Call to register.
- Tues., 9/25 at 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
Windows 10 (with instructor Robert Y.)
We’ll review new features in Windows 10 versus earlier Operating Systems Windows 7 and 8. Participants may wish to bring their own laptop to receive answers to specific questions. Call the host library to register.
- Mon., 9/17 at 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.