Did you know that the library offers two types of storytimes tailored to your little ones whatever their age? Our regular storytimes are geared toward children ages two to five and include stories, songs, and crafts! They take place every Tuesday and Thursday at 11am and topics vary from week to week. We invite you to join Miss Janice at a storytime soon!
For the younger ones, we also offer Smart Start Storytime, a 30 minute storytime for children birth to two years of age. Miss Candace leads babies and their caregivers in songs, fingerplay, and other interactive activities as well as reads stories! Scarves, bubbles, and more also make appearances! It’s a great way to introduce reading right from the start while also providing babies and caregivers with socialization and bonding experiences. Smart Start Storytimes take place at the library Mondays at 12:15pm on the following dates:
September 10 – October 12
November 5 – December 14 (no storytime Nov. 19)
February 4 – March 8
April 1 – May 10 (no storytime Apr. 15)
For the complete storytime schedule, visit www.lebanon.lclibs.org/kids-teens/storytimes/
But isn’t storytime just…reading? Actually, there are many benefits of attending storytime beyond reading or hearing a book read out loud!
- Learning how to sit quietly while someone else is speaking.
- Being exposed to new titles, authors, and experiences.
- Learning that the library is a place where they can explore.
- Getting kids excited about reading.
- Socializing with other children.
There are even benefits for parents and caregivers!
- Storytimes are free, and you don’t need advance registration—just drop in!
- Storytellers model oral reading skills, songs, and activities that you can use at home.
- Storytimes are a great way to meet other parents in your community.
For storytime questions, contact Sarah Annibali in the library, at email@example.com or by calling 717-273-7624 x207.