These classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. Visit www.lclibs.org/fitt for more info.
Buying & Selling in Facebook Marketplace (with instructor Jeremy P.)
Bring your own device and learn how to start buying and selling in the Marketplace section of Facebook. Call to register.
- Tues., 1/15 @ 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
Cyber Security (with instructor Robert Y.)
We’ll discuss how to identify cyber security threats such as phishing, viruses, and ransomware. Participants will also learn the difference between antivirus software and internet security programs, as well as things to consider when purchasing antivirus software for a home computer. Call to register.
- Thurs., 1/17 @ 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Homeschool & Cyber School: What Should I Know Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Stacy F.)
In Part 1, we’ll discuss why people may choose to home educate and debunk myths. In Part 2, we’ll talk about laws and minimum requirements for both homeschooling and cyber school, along with benefits and drawbacks to both approaches. Current homeschooling families are welcome to attend! Call to register.
- Tues., 1/22 & Thurs., 1/31 @ 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
Homesteading: Part 1 (with instructor Lisa B.)
In Part 1, attendees will learn factors to consider when growing & preserving your own food and raising animals. Call to register.
- Mon., 1/28 @ 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Intro to eBay (with instructor Robert Y.)
Learn how to register your account to begin buying and selling on eBay. We’ll discuss best practices for listing items, receiving payments, and managing buyers’ reviews. Call to register.
- Tues., 1/15 @ 1PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Mon., 1/28 @ 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
iPhone for Seniors Parts 1-4 (with instructor Michelle G.)
Part 1 discusses how to use your iPhone for GPS and maps. In Part 2 we’ll learn about iCloud. In Part 3 you’ll setup your preferences, and in Part 4 you’ll learn about iOS updates. Call the host library to register.
- Parts 1 & 2: Thurs., 1/10 & 1/17 @ 1PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Parts 3 & 4: Tues., 1/22 & 1/29 @ 1PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Spotted Lanternfly: Stopping the Invasion (with the Penn State Master Gardeners)
The spotted lanternfly is an invasive pest that threatens the grape, tree fruit, and lumber industries, as well as home landscapes. Learn how to protect your property. Call to register.
- Thurs., 1/17 @ 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Stress Busters for the New Year (with instructor Stacy F.)
Tips and tricks for managing stress and keeping your sanity amidst the chaos! Call to register.
- Tues., 1/8 @ 1PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Bring your device and receive one-on-one assistance with completing an online job application, using your smartphone, setting up an email account, and more! Call the host library to register for your half-hour session.
- Mondays in January @ 10AM-2PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624. (with Keith W.)
- Tues., 1/8 @ 1-5PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347. (with Michelle G.)
- Thurs., 1/24 @ 1-5PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523. (with Michelle G.)
Upcycling Tips & Tricks (with instructor Jandi G.)
Learn about local resources available for repurposing, complete a seasonal activity, and hear the instructor’s tips. Call to register.
- Wed., 1/23 @ 6PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.