These classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. Visit www.lclibs.org/fitt for more info.
*NEW* Kindle Fire for Beginners (with instructor Michelle G.) Participants will learn basic navigation using home screen icons. We’ll discuss how to lock the screen, shutdown options, the notification panel, and other skills. Participants must bring their Kindle Fires to class. Call to register.
- Tues., 2/19 @ 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
- Thurs., 2/28 @ 1PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
*NEW* iPads for Seniors Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Jeremy P). Participants must bring their iPads to class to learn basic navigation skills, managing apps, and other skills. Call to register.
- Sat., 2/23 & 3/9 @ 10AM-11:30AM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
Beekeeping 101 (presented by Dan. F.) We’ll discuss things to consider before becoming a beekeeper and equipment that’s needed to do the job. Dan will share his 30+ years of beekeeping experience, along with additional local contacts to provide support to those entering the practice. Call to register.
- Sat., 2/23 @ 10AM-12PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Cyber Security (with instructor Robert Y.) We’ll discuss how to identify cyber security threats such as phishing, viruses, and ransomware. Participants will also learn the difference between antivirus software and internet security programs, as well as things to consider when purchasing antivirus software for a home computer. Call to register.
- Wed., 2/6 @ 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Facebook for Seniors (with instructor Michelle G.) Participants will learn the basics of Facebook, using their own smartphone or other device. Security features will also be discussed that users can setup to safeguard their accounts. Call the library to register.
- Tues., 2/26 @ 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Homeschool & Cyber School: What Should I Know Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Stacy F.) In Part 1, we’ll discuss why people may choose to home educate and debunk myths. In Part 2, we’ll talk about laws and minimum requirements for both homeschooling and cyber school, along with benefits and drawbacks to both approaches. Current homeschooling families are welcome to attend! Call to register.
- Tues., 2/5 & 2/12 @ 1PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Homesteading: Part 2 (with instructor Lisa B.) In Part 2, you’ll learn about helpful resources. Lisa will also share her successes and humorous moments of homesteading on a 5 acre farmette. Call to register.
- Mon., 2/4 @ 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
iPhone for Seniors Parts 3 & 4 (with instructor Michelle G.) In Part 3 you’ll setup your preferences, and in Part 4 you’ll learn about managing iOS updates. Call to register.
- Thurs., 2/7 & 2/14 @ 1PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Spotted Lanternfly: Stopping the Invasion (presented by Penn State Master Gardeners) The spotted lanternfly is an invasive pest that threatens the grape, tree fruit, and lumber industries, as well as home landscapes. Learn how to protect your property. Call to register.
- Sat., 2/16 @ 10AM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
- Mon., 2/25 @ 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Bring your device to receive one-on-one assistance with completing an online job application, setting up email, & more! Call the host library to register for your half-hour session.
- Mondays in Feb. @ 10AM-2PM (except. 2/18). Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624 (with Keith W.)