These classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. Visit www.lclibs.org/fitt for more info.
*NEW* Organic Gardening (presented by Rodale Institute) Get a jump-start on the growing season and learn more about the benefits of organic gardening and heirloom seeds. We’ll cover fundamentals of growing organically, and focus on the importance of biodiversity and soil health. We’ll also discuss the benefits that heirloom seed selections can bring to your own growing space. Call to register.
- Sat., 3/23 @ 11:30AM-12:30PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Apple iPads for Seniors Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Jeremy P). Participants must bring their iPads to class to learn basic navigation skills, managing apps, and other skills. Call to register; space is limited.
- Part 2- Sat., 3/9 @ 10AM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Parts 1 & 2- Thurs., 3/7 & 3/14 @ 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
Facebook for Seniors (with instructor Michelle G.) Participants will learn the basics of Facebook, using their own smartphone or other device. Security features will also be discussed that users can setup to safeguard their accounts. Call to register; space is limited.
- Mon., 3/11 @ 6:30PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
- Mon., 3/25 @ 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Homeschool & Cyber School: What Should I Know Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Stacy F.) In Part 1, we’ll discuss why people may choose to home educate and debunk myths. In Part 2, we’ll talk about laws and minimum requirements for both homeschooling and cyber school, along with benefits and drawbacks to both approaches. Current homeschooling families are welcome to attend! Call to register.
- Part 2 on Tues., 3/19 @ 1PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
- Parts 1 & 2 on Wed., 3/13 & 3/20 @ 6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Intro to eBay (with instructor Robert Y.) Learn how to register your account to begin buying and selling on eBay. We’ll discuss best practices for listing items, receiving payments, and managing buyers’ reviews. Call to register; space is limited.
- Wed., 3/6 @ 1PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Thurs., 3/21 @ 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Kindle Fire for Beginners (with instructor Michelle G.) Participants will learn basic navigation using home screen icons. We’ll discuss how to lock the screen, shutdown options, the notification panel, and other skills. Participants must bring their Kindle Fires to class; no other devices will be discussed. Call to register; space is limited.
- Mon., 3/18 @ 6:30PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Spotted Lanternfly: Stopping the Invasion (presented by Penn State Master Gardeners) The spotted lanternfly is an invasive pest that threatens the grape, tree fruit, and lumber industries, as well as home landscapes. Learn how to protect your property. Call to register.
- Wed., 3/20 @ 1PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
Tech Help (with Keith W.) Bring your device to receive one-on-one assistance with completing an online job application, setting up email, & more! Call the host library to register for your half-hour session.
- Mondays in March @ 10AM-2PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Thurs., 3/7 @ 12-4PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Thurs., 3/14 @ 12PM-4PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Windows 10 Part 2 (with Robert Y.) We’ll answer your questions about using Windows 10. Call to register.
- Mon., 3/4 @ 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.