These classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. Visit www.lclibs.org/fitt for more info.
Android Phones for Seniors Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Robert Y.)
In Part 1 you’ll learn about text messaging, email, and setting up and retrieving voicemail. In Part 2 you’ll learn about
downloading and managing apps, managing notifications, and how to complete system updates. Participants should bring
their Android-based smartphone to class. Call to register; space is limited.
- Tuesdays, 5/7 & 5/14 @ 1PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
- Mondays, 5/13 & 5/20 @ 3PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Apple iPads for Seniors Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Jeremy P).
Participants must bring their iPads to class to learn basic navigation skills, managing apps, and other skills. Call to
register; space is limited.
- Wednesdays, 5/8 & 5/15 @ 6:30PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
Apple iPhones for Seniors Parts 1 & 2 (with instructor Michelle G.)
Participants must bring their iPhones to class to learn GPS, text messaging, and iMessage in Part 1. In Part 2 we’ll learn
about iCloud, managing apps, and using Siri. Call to register; space is limited.
- Saturdays, 5/11 & 5/18 @ 10AM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
- Part 1- Wed., 5/15 @ 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Part 2- Tues., 5/28 @ 6PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
Intro to Excel Part 2 (with instructor Jeremy P.)
Learn how to use worksheets, cells, columns, and formatting while working on the library’s laptops. All participants
receive a flash drive to save and keep their files. Call to register; space is limited.
- Mon., 5/6 @ 6:30PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Organic Gardening (with instructor Lisa B.)
Learn more about the benefits of organic gardening and heirloom seeds. We’ll cover fundamentals of growing
organically, and focus on the importance of biodiversity and soil health. Call to register.
- Thurs., 5/9 @ 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
Scrap Art: Spring Bouquets (presented by Re:Create Arts Initiative)
We’ll use paper twist techniques along with beads and pipe cleaners to make spring floral arrangements. We’ll also share
ideas for crafting with other household items. All materials will be provided. Space is limited; call to register.
- Tues., 5/7 @ 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
- Mon., 5/13 @ 6PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Spotted Lanternfly: Stopping the Invasion (presented by Penn State Master Gardeners)
The spotted lanternfly is an
invasive pest that threatens the grape, tree fruit, and lumber industries, as well as home landscapes. Learn how to protect
your property. Call to register.
- Wed., 5/15 @ 1PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Tech Help (with Keith W.)
Bring your device to receive one-on-one assistance with completing an online job application, setting up email, & more!
Call the host library to register for your half-hour session.
- Mondays in May (except 5/27) @ 10AM-2PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Wednesdays in May @ 2PM-6PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
Windows 10 Parts 1 & 2 (with Robert Y.)
Learn about new features and basic navigation in Windows 10. Space is limited; call to register.
- Wednesdays, 5/8 & 5/15 @ 1:30PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.