How is the library handling the COVID-19 pandemic?
The library is now open in a limited capacity!
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-7pm
Saturdays 10am – 1pm
- Properly-worn face masks are required at all times. A properly-worn face mask covers both the mouth and the nose.
- The number of people inside at one time is limited.
- Grab-and-go service is encouraged. Because the number of people in the library is limited, you may be asked to leave after a certain period of time so that others may enter.
- The number of public computers is limited to encourage social distancing, and the length of computer sessions is shorter. You may reserve computer time in advance – please speak to a staff member to do so.
- There is very little seating available in order to encourage social distancing.
- Children’s toys are not available.
- Curbside service will continue during library hours.
- Returned materials will continue to be quarantined for three days before being checked in and made available to the next borrower.
- Water fountains are unavailable.
- No in-person programs or classes are scheduled at this time.
- Please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands frequently.
- High-touch surfaces are cleaned regularly.
Curbside pickup will continue.
To request library materials, you have three options. You will need your library card.
- Visit https://catalog.lclibs.org/polaris and request items. Make sure your pickup library is Lebanon.
- Call us at 717-273-7624 ext 2 during library hours.
- Email us at email@example.com.
When each item becomes available for you, you will receive an email/text/phone call (according to your stated preference). While our computer system is not able to hold the notification until all of your items are ready, if you prefer to wait until several items are ready for pickup, please call or email us. We will hold your items up to 3 days while we wait for other items to become available. Please note that due to our quarantine policy (see below), we may not have all of your items ready for you at the same time.
Our curbside pickup hours are the same as library hours:
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 10am – 4pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-7pm
Saturdays 10am – 1pm
When you arrive at the library, please call us at 717-273-7624 ext 2. We will check your items out to you, bring them outside, and place them where you may retrieve them. Please wait behind the line. If you will need to pay a fine, you must wear a mask. Please return all library materials in the bookdrop even if a staff member is bringing other materials out to you.
How do I get a library card?
At what age can my child get a library card?
This decision is made by the parent/guardian. A child may obtain a card whenever the parent/guardian feels the child is able to handle the responsibility. Please remember, however, the parent/guardian is ultimately responsible for any fines or lost book charges until the child turns 18.
Can I borrow from any of the Lebanon County Libraries?
How do I borrow library eBooks?
How many books and other materials can I check out?
How long can I keep a book out?
Can I return books to any Lebanon County public library?
I need to keep my items longer than three weeks. What do I do?
You may renew your items a maximum of two times, as long as someone else did not place a hold on your item. You may renew online, in person, or by telephone.
Online: Library materials may be renewed online with your library card number and password. To renew a book online, go to the online catalog, then Patron Account. Once you are logged in, click on “Items Out.” In the list of items you have checked out, click in the check box to check mark each item you wish to renew, then click on “Renew Selected Items” below the list of your items.
By phone: You can call any of any of the county libraries during library hours. Please be aware that library staff cannot renew items past the renewal limit (2 renewals/item) or cannot renew your item if someone else has a hold on it.
In person: Renewals may be made in person at any Lebanon County library location. In addition, you can renew your library materials at any Lebanon County Library location during regular open hours by using any public computer (Your library card number and password are required).
I’m not able to renew my items online. Why?
You will not be able to renew an item due to any of the following:
- The fine on your account is greater than $5.00.
- The item is overdue.
- The item has already been renewed twice.
- Your card has expired or your card will expire prior to the new due date.
- There is a request by another library patron for the item.
What happens if I bring my items back after the due date?
Late fees charged by type of item borrowed:
Books: $.25 per item per day
Audiocassettes: $.25 per item per day
CDs: $.25 per item per day
Puppets: $.25 per item per day
Pamphlets: $.25 per item per day
Magazines: $.25 per item per day
Videocassettes: $1.00 per item per day
DVD’s: $1.00 per item per day
Interlibrary Loan items: $1.00 per item per day
There is a $5 reprocessing fee added to the cost of a lost or damaged item.
The library closest to me does not have the item I need, but I see it’s available in another library in the county. Can I borrow that one?
Yes. Here’s how:
Find the item you want to request in the catalog. Click on “Place Request”. Log in using the barcode number from the back of your library card and your PIN. (Don’t have a PIN? Call your local library). Choose the pickup library. Click on submit request.
Delivery runs between the libraries three days a week, so if the item is on the shelf, it should be delivered to your library within two to three days. Your library will contact you when your item has arrived. Please make sure your library has current contact information to reach you.
How do I request materials from a library outside the county?
Contact staff at any Lebanon County Library to request items that are not owned within the county. Please remember that new items (materials published within the previous 6 months) are not available for request, and that not all libraries outside Lebanon County are willing to lend DVDs, computer games or audio books.
Please note that items borrowed from outside the county may not have three week loan period and must be returned on or before the lending library’s due date. There may be a charge for this service depending on the lending library’s policy.
Patrons will be notified when materials arrive, and they will be held for one week. The Library will charge patrons a postage fee (to return the item back to the library it was borrowed from) if they do not pick up a requested item.
Effective September 1, 2017, Interlibrary Loans for materials owned by libraries outside of Pennsylvania will not be satisfied. This decision has been made due to a more than 200% increase in the cost to Lebanon County Libraries to subscribe to OCLC to facilitate borrowing of materials from libraries outside of Pennsylvania.
Interlibrary Loans from libraries within Pennsylvania (which make up 84% of all Interlibrary Loans) will not be affected. Borrowing from other Lebanon County Libraries also will not be affected.
How will I be told my books are ready for me?
You will be notified by email or phone when your material is available. If you wish to be notified by email, please contact the circulation staff at any Lebanon County Library.
Please be sure that your email provider is not blocking the address we are using to send notifications to you. You may need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email “white list.”
Does the library accept gift books and magazines?
The library accepts gifts and donations. The items may be added to the collection or sold to raise money. Staff may give you a receipt for tax purposes stating the number of items you gave, but cannot assign a value. Please do not drop off books in poor condition, textbooks more than five-years old, or records.
How do I return my books?
When returning our items inside the library please feel free to ask a staff member to discharge your materials when you return them, and provide you with a receipt.
What is the policy for using library computers and wifi?
How should people behave in the library?
- Shirt and shoes must be worn.
- Food, beverages, and smoking are prohibited.
- Noisy, rowdy or otherwise disruptive behaviors – including running, fighting and roughhousing – are unacceptable.
- Tables and chairs may not be rearranged. Sitting on tables or placing feet on tables or chairs is unacceptable.
- The Library’s telephones are for staff use only. A public pay phone is located at the bus stop across the street.
- Destruction or defacement of library materials or property, or any other disturbing, threatening or potentially criminal behavior will be referred to the police.
The Library’s security guard or any staff member has the authority to enforce these policies. Failure to follow these rules will result in expulsion from the library. If anyone refuses to leave the library after being requested to do so, the Lebanon Police Department will be contacted.
Are children allowed to be in the library unsupervised?
- Every child has the right to use the library and is assumed to be a patron in good standing unless proven otherwise.
- Orderly behavior is required or the child will be asked to leave.
- Children age six and under must be accompanied by an adult or responsible teenager.
- The library takes no responsibility for children left unattended, except in the case of library-sponsored programs, and then only for the time the children are actually attending the program.
- If the child cannot be picked up as planned, please make other arrangements and notify the library.
The library tries hard to provide a safe environment for your children. We need your cooperation in the making their experience a pleasant one.