The 2020 Summer Learning Program, Imagine Your Story, begins June 8, 2020 with Lebanon County Libraries! Explore classic stories and fairy tales from around the world and discover new ones!
What does the Summer Learning Program look like this year? With our library buildings closed until further notice because of the pandemic, library staff are hard at work adapting the Summer Learning Program to our social distancing community!
- Instead of attending a program at the library, attend programs virtually! Many of our scheduled performers will be offering their programs online, and we’ve even signed up a few more!
- Instead of visiting the library to report on your reading goals, log your reading goals virtually below.
- All Summer Learning information, schedules, and reporting tools will be posted here.
- Instead of visiting the library to borrow books, borrow books from the eLibrary at https://lclibs.overdrive.com/
- We’ll also share announcements on the Lebanon Community Library’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/lebanoncommunitylibrary).
You may also get an activity sheet curbside!
We are grateful to the United Way of Lebanon County, the Bishop Foundation, and the Friends of the Library for their support of the Summer Learning Program.
All programs will premiere at 11am on our facebook page and here.
Week of June 15: Check in each day this week for a mini performance from magician Mike Rose.
- See magician Mike Rose demonstrate the magical properties of Rapunzel’s hair.
- See Mike Rose’s magic lamp!
- And his magic money-making stick!
- See Mike Rose’s enchanted objects!
- And the king who hates card tricks!
Tues. June 23 – Fri. June 26: Check in each day for a mini performance from ventriloquist Tom Crowl.
- Tom Crowl and Dangerous talk about some of their favorite books to get at the library
- Tom Crowl and Dangerous…and their lie detector
- We’re having some technical difficulties with the next Tom Crowl video, but here are some from Mike Rose instead! Watch as magician Mike Rose magically makes an apple (eventually!) disappear in an unexpected way.
- Magician Mike Rose brings you up close to see the magical properties of coins.
Mon. June 29: Lisa Sanchez, Lancaster County Parks, presents Johnny Appleseed/Making Cider.
Mon., July 6: Lisa Sanchez, Lancaster County Parks, presents Jack and the Beanstalk.
Mon., July 13: Are you ready to get moving? Swati Chaturvedi of the Community Bollywood Dance Project is here to teach us how to perform like a Bollywood dancer!
Tues., July 14 at 11am LIVE!: Take a close look at some amazing reptiles with Jesse Rothacker.
Tues., July 21: Sciencetellers presents “Dragons: Return of the Ice Sorceress.”
Shadow Camp is a series of 3 self-paced online workshops designed for kids ages 7-11. Each workshop features approximately 30 minutes of content that combines shadow puppet skits, artist guidance, and simple at-home activities.
Shadow Camp! (Registration & Password Required)